Mental (Psalms 139:13-16)
1. To help the child develop a positive attitude of self-worth.
2. To develop a feeling of competence and satisfaction in the mastery of new skills.
3. To build a positive attitude toward his/her education.
4. To help the child develop a sense of responsibility and self-control.
5. To stimulate curiosity, creativity, and imagination. . .
6. To involve the child in a developmental educational program (concepts in math, science, social studies, history, geography, reading, readiness language, music, art and play).
7. To expand the child's experience pool and to enhance his use and understanding of language.